- Reminder-AGM at Bexley 7pm March 25th 2016
The agenda has not changed. There are no notices of motion and two new Directors have been nominated and seconded-No election is required.
The two new directors are Jeff Langdon and Sandra Webb. Please find attached their resumes for your information. The board warmly welcomes them aboard.
- Information regarding auditing is attached along with a report from Jenny Draddy(Legal advisor to PFA)
In relation to your query about an audit requirement I have attached the Institute of Chartered Accountants Audit and Review Requirements for Australian Entities and below is the relevant section of the Corporations Law. Clause 22.2 Auditor of the Constitution only applies if under the Corporations Act there was requirement or a direction from the members for an audit. If the PFA revenue is under $250,000.00 it does not have to have the accounts audited unless directed by its members.
PFA Notice to Members 2016 03 16 (full document).
CORPORATIONS ACT 2001 – SECT 301
Audit of annual financial report
- A company, registered scheme or disclosing entity must have the financial report for a financial year audited in accordance with Division 3 and obtain an auditor’s report.
Small proprietary companies
- A small proprietary company’s financial report for a financial year does not have to be audited if:
- the report is prepared in response to a direction under section 293 austlii.edu.au/au/legis/cth/consol_act/ca2001172/s293; and
- the direction did not ask for the financial report to be audited.
Companies limited www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/cth/consol_act/ca2001172/s148 by guarantee
- A company limited austlii.edu.au/au/legis/cth/consol_act/ca2001172/s148.html#limited by guarantee may have its financial report for a financial year reviewed, rather than audited, if:
- the company is not one of the following:
- a Commonwealth company for the purposes of the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013 ;
- a subsidiary of a Commonwealth company for the purposes of that Act;
- the company is not one of the following:
- a subsidiary of a corporate Commonwealth entity for the purposes of that Act; and
- one of the following is true:
- the company is not required by the accounting standards to be included in consolidated financial statements and the revenue of the company for the financial year is less than $1 million;
- the company is required by the accounting standards to be included in consolidated financial statements and the consolidated revenue of the consolidated entity for the financial year is less than $1 million.
- A small company limited by guarantee’s financial report for a financial year does not have to be audited or reviewed if:
- the report is prepared in response to a member direction under section 294A <http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/cth/consol_act/ca2001172/s294a.html> ; and
- the direction does not ask for the audit or review.
- .Further to the financial report-only 10 payments are made to the PFA insurer not 12.
Super 4 Venue
The venue for the Super 4 will be held at Caulfield Petanque Club in Victoria
Oceania and Trans Tasman Teams
The Oceania tournament has just concluded and a report will be shared with you soon.
The Trans Tasman will be held very soon.
A huge thank you to Victoria and New South Wales leagues for the support that has been given to representatives from their states. Also a huge thank you to the many shire /councils who have given financial support to players from their states.
Triples Championship –Bexley
A reminder that entries close soon. You can log in to My Petanque .com to enter. Please check to ensure that your entry has been received. I have had a problem with registering one women’s team but hopefully that will be corrected soon.Please let the secretary know asap please if your team is not there.
Hobart Petanque Club Mixed Doubles
Congratulation to the Hobart Petanque Club for running a very successful competition last weekend.-third biennial mixed doubles Thirty clubs from around Australia participated teams from St Andrews Beach and Capital Petanque Club playing off in the grand final. Well done to Judy Whiteaker(organiser) and her team
This is being finalised and will be sent out very soon.
Petanque Federation Australia