The South Australian Pétanque League (SAPL) is the administrative body of its South Australian member clubs.
SAPL is affiliated through Pétanque Federation Australia (PFA) with the Federation Internationale de Pétanque et Jeu Provencal (FIPJP), the world governing body of pétanque. South Australian members are eligible to participate in local, national and international competitions.The SAPL is responsible for an interclub competition and most major pétanque events held in South Australia. We endeavour to promote this wonderful game/sport, increase its participation in South Australia and to provide an environment and an organisational structure in which pétanque can be enjoyed.
The SAPL financial year runs from 01 July till 30 June the following year and the AGM is held within 6 weeks of the end of the financial year.
A SAPL committee meeting is held regularly. Each club is represented by members nominated by the respective Club committees.
[SAPL Committee Meeting Minutes]
Based in South Australia, the SAPL has 9 member clubs.
- Adelaide Hills Pétanque Inc
- Club De Pétanque d’Adelaide
- Coonawarra Pétanque Club
- Eastern Suburbs Pétanque Inc
- Feral Aussie Boulistes
- Gawler Pétanque Club
- Novar Gardens Pétanque Club
- Port Noarlunga Pétanque Inc
- Prospect Pétanque Inc
SAPL endeavours to:
- promote and foster the growth and development of pétanque in South Australia, as both recreational and competitive sport
- act as the coordinating body for all the affiliated clubs throughout South Australia
- assist with the provision of coaching to enhance player skills
- ensure a consistent approach to the game of pétanque
- provide umpiring qualifications from club through to national level